We Heart You
February marks American Heart Month and while some of you may be spreading your love by wearing red, WineStraws is spreading our own love by giving you the top tips on how to keep your ticker ticking for years to come.
- Exercise: We are not telling you that you have to run the Boston Marathon but studies indicate that 30 minutes of moderate exercise daily will keep your heart healthy and you happy. Mix it up; no one ever said that you had to limit yourself to the stair master. Join a walking group, take a yoga class or enjoy some quality time at the park with your kids and or furry friends.
- Smoking: As far as smoking is concerned there is no middle ground. The bottom line is this–quit today and decrease your risk of heart disease, high blood pressure and stroke. If that isn’t enough think of the number of premature wrinkles you will prevent from invading your beautiful mug.
- Eat Healthy: Always easier said than done but we do encourage that you increase your fruit and vegetable intake and to cut down on the salt. No one ever said a ‘A French Fry a day keeps the Doctor away’ so when faced with a tight schedule grab a piece of fruit for the road and avoid the drive-thru windows.
- Eat More Dark Chocolate: You heard right. Dark chocolate contains the same antioxidants that you find in blueberries and green tea . The result is lower cholesterol, reduced blood clotting and lower blood pressure. A healthy ticker never tasted so good!
- Drink Red: The benefits of red wine suggested that moderate amounts of red wine lowers the risk of heart attack for people in middle age by up to 50 percent. It is also suggested that alcohol such as red wine may prevent additional heart attacks if you have already suffered from one. When toasting to your new healthy lifestyle make sure you don’t forget to use your WineStraw so you can look beautiful on the inside and out!
What ways are you celebrating American Heart Month? Drop us a line and tell us what healthy tips you are using and we will add them to our list….until then remember to: Be Healthy, Drink Red and Smile White.